Friday, 1 April 2011
Happy Birthday Liliana/Bon Anniversaire Lili!!
So the big day starts at dawn...
This is a simple chocolate cake made with minimum fuss and loads of butter, literally in a few minutes, that is always a hit! If you do not know it...try it and it WILL be come part of your standard repertoire...especially if you have children, large or small, in the house!
EASY MIX CHOCOLATE CAKE from Bill Granger's cookbook 'Simply Bill'
280 gm [2 1/4 cups] flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
50 gm cocoa powder
220 gm [1 cup] caster sugar
250 gm very soft butter
170 ml [2/3 cup] milk
200 gm of dark chocolate
250 gm [1 cup] of cream fraiche or sour cream
Preheat the oven to 180 deg [350 F]
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add butter, eggs and milk.
3. Mix with electric beaters on low speed for 2 minutes till well blended and voluminous.
4. Butter and shake flour around a large tin and put batter into tin.
5. Bake for 35 - 40 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave in tins for 5 mins before turning out to cool.
7. Make frosting by melting chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water then leave to cool for 15 mins before whisking in the creme fraiche.
8. Decorate however you fancy! Enjoy!
For the record...
The chicken has been back on two occasions since I last wrote with 2 eggs on one occassion then one again yesterday...loving it!
Posted by Glenis at 02:49