Before I go though you must try these Cumin Cheese puffs...they are such a hit with one and all and I promise you will make them again and again...they freeze well too...
Gougeres au Cumin / Cumin Cheese Puffs
a recipe from the book 'Chocolate and Zucchini' by Clotilde Dusoulier...buy it you will love it!
75gm unsalted butter [I use either salted or un]
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
3 large eggs
1 tsp cumin seeds or ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground pepper
150 gms grated Comte cheese or Gruyere
Makes about 40 and easily halved!
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg Put butter, salt and 250 mls of water in pot and simmer...add all flour at once and make into ball
2. let cool for a few mins then add eggs one at a time beating loads between.
3. sprinkle with cumin and pepper and fold in cheese
4. Refridgerate for 30 mins...do not skip this step!
5. Make into tsp fulls onto baking paper and cook for 20 mins till golden and puffy...do not open the oven as will go flat.
6. Turn the oven off and open the door a crack and leave them in for another 5 mins then cool on rack.
Can vary cumin with caraway, rosemary or paprika or have them just plain...brilliantlythey can freeze for up to a month and reheat from frozen...easy for drop ins!