Saturday, 23 April 2011
Spring soup in London/Soup de Primtemps en Londres
Spring Green Soup with Herb dumplings from Clare Bareham's column
125 gm spring onions
50 gm butter
zest from 1/2 unwaxed lemon
750 ml stock
150 gm frozen peas
200 gm spinach
bunch of watercress
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
100 gm mild soft goats cheese
2 tbsp creme fraiche
1. Saute chopped spring onions in butter
2. Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper
3. Add light chicken or vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
4. Add peas and bring back to the simmer then add spinach.
5. Chop a tbsp of the watercress finely than add rest and stalks to the boiling stock.
6. Simmer for another few minutes then blitz in batches and put in a clean pot. Taste and season.
7. Mix cheese, coriander, watercress and creme fraiche together.
8. Serve by putting 3 or 4 cheese dumplings in the base of the bowl and placing hot soup on top.
9. Note that this soup is best made and eaten same day as vivacious green colour dulls with time.
Posted by Glenis at 08:45