Erica's Rhubarb Tartlets
I think that these tartlets are going to be served in may ways in our house this summer...the Rhubarb was perfect but I can also see them with berries, cherries, apples and plums...the pastry is a lovely firm contrast to the soft custard filling...you may want to vary the sugar depending on the fruit you use...
2-3 cups finely sliced rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cream, sour cream or yoghurt
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 deg.
2. Make pastry and roll out. Line a 23cm pie plate, trim pastry 15mm beyond edge of pie plate and brush with water. Fold inwards and press inwards.
3. Cut rhubarb into 5mm slices and place in shell.
4. Mix the eggs, sugar and cream until smooth and pour over fruit.
5. Bake for 12-15 mins, until golden brown then reduce heat to 180 deg until it is set in the middle and the fruit is tender. NB. Increase the cooking time for a larger tart to 15- 20 mins.
6. Sprinkle with icing sugar....with a transfer if it takes your fancy!